Cost Merchant Account Solution for Internet/MOTO Merchants!
It is critical for Internet
merchants to accept credit cards, as it is the major payment option for
online purchases! With the great advances in technology, Internet merchants
can allow their customers to purchase goods with the click of a mouse using
a payment gateway provider.
Terminal & Real Time Processing
The most popular type of solution is to use a gateway provider. A gateway
will allow merchants to handle transactions online in real time or through
a virtual terminal on the web. If you have an online store, you can configure
it to work with the gateway provider. Your customers would provide their
credit card information on the web site and it is processed automatically.
If you go this route, you need to be sure your shopping cart or order form
will be compatible with the gateway you are set up to use. Examples of such
companies are Authorize.net, Verisign, Intellipay, etc. Authorize.net is
one of the most popular gateway providers that is literally compatible
with almost every shopping cart available!
Another option available
with the same service is the virtual terminal. It is a secure web site
you can login to manually enter transactions through a form. This is ideal
for businesses that will be taking orders through the mail or over the
telephone. Even if you do not plan to do any business online, this may
be your best choice as gateway providers offer some very useful tools and
features with their services. A few of these features may be as follows:
Time Processing From Gotmerchant.com
Manually do transactions through
the web 24/7.
The ability to review past transactions.
Recurring billing by storing
customer's information in a spreadsheet (excel).
The ability to upload numerous
transactions at once by utilizing a spreadsheet.
Easily track chargeback notices
to their original transaction.
If you ever decide to do business
online, the capability will already be there.
Gotmerchant.com provides its online merchants with the Authorize.Net
payment gateway. This gateway functions as the cash register of your internet
storefront. With an online merchant account, you can sell products 24-hours
per day, 7-days per week, to customers worldwide!
Account Check List!
- Real Time Processing
If you have an online store, you can configure it to work with the payment gateway. Your online ordering processing system (shopping cart, order form, etc.) will collect the customer's
credit card information and send it to the payment gateway for processing. This feature is called real time processing. If you plan on using it, you need to be sure the ordering system
you are going to use (shopping cart, etc.) is compatible with the gateway provider. Examples of such Internet payment gateways are
Authorize.net, Verisign, Intellipay, etc. Authorize.net is one of the most popular gateway providers and is compatible with almost every shopping cart available!
Another feature available is the virtual terminal service. It is a secure web site you log into and manually enter transactions through an online web form.
This is ideal for any orders you want to process manually yourself, such as mail/phone orders.
- Automated Recurring Billing (ARB)
Is a powerful tool that provides you with a reliable and secure way to manage recurring billing. Simply create an ARB “subscription” that includes the customer’s payment information,
billing amount, and a specific billing interval and duration. ARB does the rest, automatically generating the subsequent recurring transactions based on the schedule you set.
- Three methods for creating ARB subscriptions:
- Flexible billing intervals, from weekly to annually and anything in between
- Enter subscription information (using a form similar to the virtual terminal)
- Create a new subscription based on a previous, successfully transaction
- Upload a file containing multiple subscription records (ex: MS Excel)
- Create upfront trial periods and pricing
- Search feature - specifically for locating subscriptions
- And more!
There is normally an additional charge for the ARB service.
- Manually process transactions online 24/7.
- Review past transactions.
- Upload numerous transactions at once by utilizing a spreadsheet such as Excel.
- Transactions are automatically settled each day
- Emails sent daily of the batches that settle automatically.
- The ability to use Visa & Mastercard's new security services called Verified by Visa & MasterCard SecureCode respectively.
- Online reporting such as viewing transactions, batches, charges, refunds, etc.
- Unrestricted number of users with one account - ideal for large sales forces.
- Experienced technical support 7 days a week 363 days a year
- Easily track chargeback notices to their original transaction.
- The capability will be available if you ever open an online store.
- Authorize.net is compatible with over 175 different shopping carts!
Before deciding on a merchant
account provider, you should gather a few things to help the process go
smoothly. Listed below is a collection of items that may be required as
it will vary from one company to the next. They are listed in order of
information most likely needed.
For complete information
on Gotmerchant.com's services, please visit their web
Application, Agreement, Questionnaire
Sheet, etc. - be sure to fill out all the requested forms from your merchant
Checking Account - be sure to
have a checking account under your business name unless you will be doing
business under your personal name. Most banks will not allow a company
to make ACH transfers into/out of your checking account unless the name
the provider uses matches with what is on file with the bank.
Copy of Voided Check - to be
able to do direct deposit of your funds, they will need a copy of a voided
Copy of Driver's License - this
is usually required to verify your identity to help against fraud.
Current Processing Statements
- most providers will request your last three processing statements if
you currently have a merchant account.
Product or Service Information - Provide a list of the products/services you are selling along with
pricing. You can have the information displayed & stored on a web site. If not, then attach a separate sheet of paper detailing this
information. Merchant providers are required by Visa & MasterCard to have accurate documentation as to what you are selling. If you
are using a web site, then you must display your refund and shipping policies.