Knowledgebase: Package Info, Updates & Changes
IR and Full Package trade places?
Posted on 30 January 2004 03:07 AM
I have a full package with an IRM on it. I would like to make my IRM the main account and turn the domain that's currently the full package into the IRM.
I currently have:
http://www.example.com/ as a full package
http://www.irm.tld points to http://www.example.com/irm/
http://www.irm.tld to be the full package
http://www.example.com/ to point to http://www.irm.tld/example/
Can this be done?
If you have an IRM and would like to switch which domain is the primary account, there are two options available to you:
Option 1: Manually
1) Download all of your files for both domains
2) Order the IRM domain as a Full Package (upgrade)
3) Order the Full Package as an IRM (downgrade)
4) Upload your files to their new locations
Note: Step 3 cannot be completed until Step 2 has been activated.
Total cost for this would be the $20 Service Fee for the new IRM plus the cost of the new Full Package.
Option 2: FutureQuest changes the Domain Name of the Full Package
1) Order a Domain Name Change.
2) We will leave your files in place changing the domain name on the account, preventing you from having to manually upload your files. (See the following for "What changes with domain/user name change?" --http://service.FutureQuest.net/kba424.)
3) If you would like the original full account domain name to remain active, you'll need to place an order for it, selecting the package you would like it to be (whether full or an IRM/IRO, etc).
This carries a $50 Service Fee for the domain name change.
* Plus the fee of the package ordered for the original domain name if you choose to order one.
Note: Step 3 cannot be completed until you have received notification that the Name Change has been completed.
Orders can be placed from QuestAdmin:
(If you haven't created a QuestAdmin login, you will need to do that first. Just click the Create Login tab from the QuestAdmin link above.)